Summit Senior Golf (SSGOA) Rain Policy effective August 1, 2016
The Board of Directors for Summit Senior Golf (SSGOA) work on behalf of its members to provide all senior amateur golfers ages 50+ with a fun, organized and competitive golf experience. We cannot accomplish this mission without the full partnership and cooperation of local golf courses. In light of this, we have met with the majority of local golf course owner / operators of our tournament venues to establish a formal tournament rain policy.
Effective August 1, 2016:
- Summit Senior Golf (SSGOA) will pay $25 to a golf course for everyone that tees off during any tournament. This is consistent with a typical round of golf where green fees are paid prior to play. $25 of the $45 tournament entry fee has always been for green fees paid to the golf course with the remaining $20 going toward tournament prizes.
- Summit Senior Golf expects play to continue during periods of rain as long as there are not dangerous conditions and the course remains open for play with carts. If severe weather occurs but the delay appears to be short in duration, efforts will be made to complete the tournament as long as it does not interfere with afternoon leagues.
- In the event of severe weather that causes play to stop and the course to close:
- players that did not make the turn will receive an 18 hole credit worth $25 from the golf course that will be good toward future use at the golf course where the rained out tournament had begun.
- players that made the turn but did not finish their tournament round will receive a 9 hole credit worth $12.50 from the golf course that will be good toward future use at the golf course where the rained out tournament had begun.
- players that finish 18 holes are not entitled to and will not be issued any credits.
- The majority of golf courses stated that that they would keep records of a money credit for each player instead of issuing paper rain checks. The SSGOA and golf course representative will decide on the status of each golfer as to who has completed 9 holes or 18 holes. An alphabetical list of players due money credits will be left at the course.
- Money credits or paper rain checks will expire at the end of the calendar year.
- The rain policy summarized above is for SSGOA tournaments only. Each course that we play has their own rain policy that is effective at all other times.